History and Vision of the SalesQB Program
Highland Management Consulting LLC, is not SalesQB. However, we are a Trained and Certified Licensee of the proven and nationally recognized SalesQB system.
The SalesQB program is the result of decades of collective sales experience. Here is a short video from the founder of SalesQB, Jim Muehlhausen followed by a written history of the organization.
History of the SalesQB program (written by SalesQB Corporate)
As early as 2001 we began to see small companies yearning for a way to handle small sales forces.
Until the development of the SalesQB program there was simply no good way to manage 2-10 salespeople. We saw clients dealing with this “diseconomy of sales scale” in one of five ways:
1. The business owner took time away from CEO-ing to manage the sales force. Since CEOs typically do not like sales management, they invested little time in it and got little results.
2. No one manages sales. Sure, it was cheap, but none of the benefits of professional sales management can accrue.
3. Hire a cheap sales manager. This usually ended badly with the owner wishing they had skipped the expense as the person lacked the high-level skills needed.
4. Hire an expert sales manager. This solved the skill issue, but when the cost of managing each employee was divided by the $180 -$250K annual cost of a pro, the amount was excessive.
5. Promote a salesperson to working sales manager. This solution made sense on paper and typically ended very badly. The salesperson stops selling and usually is not a great sales manager. Therefore the company got a double-whammy. Lost sales and a bad sales manager.
Starting with a handful of customers in Indianapolis, the organization has grown to over twenty-five major metropolitan areas in North America. The SalesQB program started with a simple philosophy – high-caliber sales management can move companies to the next level.
In 2016 we took this Fractional Sales Management™ program and created SalesQB. This robust framework helps companies benefit from super-star caliber sales management at a fraction of the cost.
Unmanaged or under-managed sales forces are a financial drain. Both owners and salespeople lose money because of lost deals and imperfect sales process. SalesQB has found a way to cost-effectively manage the small business sales function and create better results for all parties.
Our second core philosophy is that sales process out-performs sales superstars. Having a sales god is nice, but they can hold an owner hostage and create as many problems as they solve. As a bonus (not really), the sales god owns your sales process. By creating a PRSP (Proven and Repeatable Sales Process), the business owner can wrestle control from the sales god.
Lastly, we believe that one-on-one coaching works better than sales training. Sales training works great for some, but not for all. Here’s why – sales training is only knowledge, and it’s knowledge unapplied. Sales coaching takes actual, real world sales situations and gently changes the salesperson’s behavior. This results in gently improving performance.
Skilled SalesQBs will serve North American business owners who strive for more. We will continue to grow only as fast as we can find top talent in a local market. For instance, there are some markets we do not currently serve. The reason for this is that we have not found a sales star in that market who meets our standards. We would rather leave a market unserved than under-deliver to business owners.
We believe our mission is to improve lives through business. An under performing sales team can be frustrating and financially stressful. A good business equals a good life. A bad business makes for a challenging home life. By creating the best possible business for owners, we create a more meaningful whole-life experience.